Skip to main content

Once Upon A Time "New York City Serenade" After Thoughts

Sorry for this late review everyone but here it is.

Once Upon a Time finally returned this week with a brand new episode, and boy was it a good one. From what I gathered, I thought this second half of the season would be like season one all over again, but that is not the case. It has so many twists in just the first episode back that leaves you wanting more, and more.

Recap: Emma and Henry are off living their lives in New York, and Emma has a new man in her life. Everyone else has been ripped back to Storybrooke and they have no idea why, Hook goes to New York to get the savior back. When everyone had returned to the Enchanted Forest it was interesting to see because Phillip and Aurora have something to hide. After being the kind people Snow knew them to be they started whispering to each other that they had to tell “her” or their child would suffer for it. Since Charming and Snow’s castle was destroyed in the curse they decide to go to Regina’s castle which is technically Snow’s castle. Snow tells Regina that they are all going back together with Regina by their sides, and she reluctantly agrees. Hook tells David that there is no way he is going back with them, that he is a pirate and always will be. Snow says that since there is no more Emma he is done being a good guy, and then Hook just rides off. He wants to find the Jolly Roger and return to what he knows as his home. In the current time Emma is in New York having a seemingly normal life with her son, until Hook showed up and kissed her. He tries to get her to believe him but of course she doesn’t, everything he is telling her just makes him sound crazy. We meet a new character by the name of Walsh and he appears to be Emma’s new boyfriend. They have been together for eight months and Walsh seems very committed because he proposes to his girlfriend, but she needs time to think. Hook has just come into her life and he is demanding that they know each other, but Emma has no clue who the heck he is. All Emma knows is that they have a connection, she just doesn’t know what it is. Emma ends up going to Neal’s apartment and finds a camera that Henry left there last year when they went with Gold, and that gets her very upset. Emma finds Hook and confronts him about Neal, and about the fact that a camera with her son’s name on it was in that apartment. Emma ends up having Hook arrested after he tries to offer her a potion to make her memories resurface. He goes to jail and Emma goes to develop those pictures from the camera, and just before she looks at them Henry is telling her to follow her gut and marry Walsh. Once Emma sees these pictures she goes and gets Hook out of jail, and it was hilarious because he doesn’t know what bologna is and says that they force fed it to him in there. Hooks adorable-ness aside, Emma asks about the pictures and says she never lived in a town called Storybrooke or went to Manhattan last year. Hook gives her the potion which this time she drinks, and all her memories come rushing back. She tells him that it felt like she was waking up from a good dream, and then there is a knock at the door. Walsh came by because Henry invited him so that Emma could say yes to him, but now she has to turn him down so he wouldn’t get dragged into this life. On the roof Emma says someone from her past came to her and now she has to go home to set some things right. Walsh surprises her by saying “I wish you didn’t drink that potion” this has Emma really confused. Turns out he is one of the Wicked Witches flying monkey’s and was placed in Emma’s life to keep her from remembering her old life. Emma is a tad heartbroken about it, but she makes the choice to go back to Storybrooke. The thing is that while she remembers everything, Henry has no clue what is going on and he is going to be so confused going back to a town full of people who love him but he doesn’t even know. Turns out the curse that brought everyone back to Storybrooke has them all confused, because the last thing David says he remembers is saying goodbye to Emma. When Emma asks how he knows it has been a year, Snow comes downstairs and Emma’s eyes go wide. She sees her very pregnant mother and yes indeed time has passed, and things have changed. In the Enchanted Forest we see the group encounter Robin Hood, and he save Regina and Snow from a flying monkey. The wicked witch needs the queen’s blood for something, and the flying monkeys are beyond creepy. Snow and Regina are actually getting along, and Snow stops Regina from taking her heart out of her own chest and burying in the forest. Regina doesn’t want to feel the pain of missing Henry, but Snow tells her she is going to need it so that she can find what Henry always wanted her to find, Happiness. There is a scene where Snow and Regina are talking and Regina mentions Robin and Snow just tells her not to judge because how does she think he feels traveling with her. Snow smiles and says “He’s kind of cute don’t you think?” Of course Regina responds in a very Regina way with “He smells like Forest.” Belle and Neal want to find a way to find Rumple, and Belle mentions they never saw the dagger so there might still be a chance he is around somewhere. They are not going to give up, especially Belle because that is her true love out there somewhere.

MY Thoughts: I thought that I was going to hate it if Christopher Gorham played Emma’s new man, but I kind of liked it. It probably had to do with the fact that he was really a flying monkey, and was sent there to be with her. Even without knowledge of being the savior it gets in the way of her love life, poor Emma. When she finds out about Walsh it is kind of sad, but now she can be with Hook (I hope). I love that Regina and Robin met in this episode, and I love that at first there is not really a connection. This is supposed to be Regina’s true love, but it kind of reminded me of when Snow and Charming first met. They were not very pleased with each other in the beginning but as time went on they fell in love, and I am hoping that is what happens with these two. I loved all the scenes Regina and Snow had together because I loved seeing this new side to their relationship. So much has happened and it has changed them so much, when Regina refers to her castle as “our castle” it was very sweet. When Regina was burying her heart in the woods, and Snow tells her not to because it will get better and tells her that Henry would want to find happiness, which was one of my favorite scenes. My other favorite scene was when Hook was with Emma and Henry, and Henry asks “Why are you dressed like that?” and Hook gets all defensive and asks him “Well why are you dressed like that?” I laughed so hard during that little part, and I had to rewind it to watch it twice. I loved the wicked witch at the end, and I can’t wait to see why she has it out for Regina so bad. The scene with David, Snow and Emma at the end was so great because you saw that time has passed, but they all still remember each other which is good. Emma is getting a sibling which I find hilarious, and is Neal back in Storybrooke now too? If he is like I imagine he is, how is Henry going to feel since in this reality he knows his father left Emma to rot in jail for his crime. I am so happy this show is back and I cannot wait to find out what is going to happen next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~