Skip to main content

Finished A Series on Netflix! Spoils for Life Unexpected *If you want to watch it don't read*

I have recently finished watching Life Unexpected on Netflix, and by recently I mean it is 1 A.M and I just watched the last episode. This show about a girl named Lux who is put up for adoption as a baby, but due to a heart condition she is in hospital's most of that time when parents want to adopt. So she has spent all her life in foster care being bumped from place to place, and then she finally files for emancipation. Only her biological parents never signed away their rights, so she has to go and find them so she can have them sign the papers she needs. Then we see how Lux's life unfolds while living with her mom, Kate Cassidy, step-father Ryan, and her father Baze. This is not just all about Lux either the adults in the show have good story lines, and very dramatic ones which is always entertaining.

This show only had two seasons, and they are both up on Netflix for streaming. I like teen drama shows like this, and I like how I was caught into specific characters. Lux had a boyfriend named Bug and he was a high school drop out, who was in the system just like Lux. She loved him so much but of course it didn't work out for her and him. Once Bug proposed, Lux had changed so much and she had seen a little bit of what is out there. There was very cute boy who went to Westmonte with Lux and his name was Jones. He was the quarterback and so very handsome, and he was also the preppy seemingly perfect boy next door. Lux and Jones had this on and off flirtation over the series, and Lux's best friend Tasha ended up dating him for a while. Bug had proposed to Lux and she is only sixteen, and she is in her father's bar while they were closed and a guy walked in. A nice looking older guy comes in and Lux hangs out with him for a bit, and then he notices the ring. When it comes out that she's never seen the ocean he offers to take her there, but then they run out of gas and are stranded. There is a billboard with a picture of the beach and they go up on there and end up kissing. Only Lux finds out the cute boy who made her see there is more in life to see, and the one she wants to move on with is the new teacher at her school. Talk about awkward, but a lot of shows have a teacher romance and it comes down to the writers and how they make the story. I think that for the most part her affair with Eric Daniels was pretty good, and they had some cute moments. It all ends however when Eric tells Math (Baze's best friend from high school. Also a teacher.) that he and Lux have been seeing each other. Baze and Kate tell Eric to get out of town and they will not turn him in, but he has to promise never talk to Lux again and he does. So that romance ended very heated, and it was sad. In the final episode you see Jones and Lux end up together at graduation and it is all very sweet. Jones isn't as normal as he appears and he and Lux bond over that, and she finally lets herself fall for him. I liked that story and I am glad it ended that way.

Baze was a playboy and he was loving every second of it until Lux came into his life. He became a single father and he was excited about it. He had a horrible relationship with his father, but that ends up being resolved, then destroyed, then better, then destroyed, then better again. Baze was in love with Kate but never wanted to admit it because she was happy with Ryan, and he had ruined her life enough. He tried moving on but he ended up with her sister and that didn't work out. He told Abby that he had feelings for Kate and then said he lied but she told him that the fact that being in love with Kate was the fist lie he could think of, then maybe it was closer to the truth than he thought. I loved Baze because he was cute, funny, complicated, and passionate. He then hooked up with Kate's boss, and then eventually Kate's sister in law Paige. It was a crazy ride for Baze, but he found love with Emma. When Paige came into the picture and burned down Baze's bar he needed to go to work, and his father gave him a shot. He was working for a woman named Emma (Emma Caufield) and they did not get along at first. Eventually they went out and then Baze found out about her son Sam, who is the one who told Kate and Baze about Lux and Mr. Daniels. Only a son was not the only thing that Emma was hiding from Baze. She had an affair with his father for about four years and it was crazy. Needless to say that was over as soon as he found out.

Kate and Ryan had their ups and downs just like any couple, only theirs were more intense. Ryan was a good father figure for Lux to look up too, and that made him fee great. Ryan asked Kate to marry him, she said no then Lux came and she said yes. Then Kate slept with Baze and when Ryan found out obviously their engagement was off. Eventually it was back on and they were married. Kate got fired from her show, Ryan got a new partner, then eventually Kate and Ryan show came back. They had a long crazy relationship journey that ended when Kate found out that Julia was pregnant with Ryan's baby.

Overall I really enjoyed this show and I was glad that I watched it. Like I said if you want to watch it then it is available on Netflix. Now I am looking for another series to watch so if you have suggestions let me know.  Thank you for reading.

Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~