Skip to main content

Game of Thrones "The Children" After Thoughts

I just watched the finale of Game of Thrones and I was really pleased with it actually. There were a few things that stood out most to me and that is what I will be talking about in today's post, most of it has to do with the Lannisters.

Cersei Chose: First off Cersei chose Jamie, and she told her father that her brother was her choice. She told Tywin that the rumors people said about her and Jamie were all true, and he said he didn't believe her but he did. I thought it was a good scene because I didn't think Cersei would ever do that. It is so wrong because it is brother and sister but the relationship they have just makes you want to go "aw" sometimes. When Cersei told Jamie what she had said to their father then they did "it" right there on the table.

Brothers: Another Lannister moment I loved was the scene between Jamie and Tyrion when Jamie was letting him out of his cell. Jamie and Tyrion have always had a relationship, and you can tell that Jamie did blame him like Cersei or Tywin did. So when Jamie set him free they had a nice moment and basically said goodbye, and they hugged which was sweet. I love the relationship they have because Tyrion seems like nobody could love him, but here is his brother fighting for him, and saving him. When Jamie said "Goodbye little brother" I thought I was going to cry, but I held it together.

The Hound: Arya was found by Brieene and it did not go so well for anyone. Brieene and the Hound got into a fight and Brieene totally kicked his ass. Needless to say when he was pushed down that hill he was beyond saving, and Arya sat there and let him suffer. He was begging her to kill him so he didn't have to go on anymore, but she just took the pouch he had and walked away. I liked that scene because they had been traveling for a while and they grew a little close, but Arya did want him dead. Now he is lying in front of her dying, and she just leaves him like that. It was very intense, and it was so well done.

Sad Dragon Cries: For me this was the saddest part of the episode, because seeing Daenerys locking up her dragons was heartbreaking. A man came to her with the charred remains of his three year old daughter, and she just has the realization that she needs to keep her Dragons locked up. She takes two down and has them feeding and she slowly just hooks them up to chains to keep them down there. It was such an emotional scene because Daenerys just walks in and the dragons are feeding on animals and she is slowly moving, and then she gets up to walk away. While walking away here children try to follow her, but they cannot it was sad seeing that whole scene. It was such a freaking good scene, that I had to go back and watch that part again.

Tyrion Why!?: When Jamie sent his brother off he should have known that Tyrion would sneak into the castle and have words with their father. Only when she went to his chambers he saw Shae there naked in his father's bed. They get into a fight and it ends very bad for Shae because Tyrion ends up killing her with her necklace, and he whispers "I'm so sorry" a few times. It was so emotional because he really did love this woman and now he just killed her with his bare hands. Poor Tyrion he just can't catch a break.

No Privacy For A Lannister: Now the final thing I want to touch on is the fact that Tywin Lannister's last act was going to the bathroom. Tyrion grabs the crossbow and he goes to the bathroom where his father is sitting there doing his business, and Tyrion just points the weapon at him. Tywin tells him that he is his son no matter what and he would never of had his killed, because he is a Lannister. For a second I thought things were going to turn around, but I was wrong of course. Tywin kept calling Shae a whore, and Tyrion warned him about using that word but he wouldn't listen. So Tyrion shot him while he was on the toilet, which I could not help but laugh at. Tyrion shot him twice and then took off and went to be hidden on a ship and go off somewhere he could be safe away from everything. So he was accused of killing Joffery, he killed Shae, and he killed Tywin. It has not been a lucky streak for Tyrion Lannister, but we have to wait for next season to find out what's up now. Unless you've read the books then you have a general idea what is going on with all this.

So there is what I think of the finale, I overall liked it and cannot wait for the next season. I love this show and I am looking forward to what is coming up in the future. Thank you so much for reading.

Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~