Skip to main content

I Saw The Fault in Our Stars * Slight Spoilers for book and movie*

I finally got to see The Fault in Our Stars and I absolutely loved it. I am always excited when  book I love is made into a movie, but I am usually leaving the theater with ways it could have been better. However when I left the theater last night all I was doing was wiping the tears from my eyes. I thought the movie was beautiful and so well done by everyone, and it was amazing.

When I first read this book I found myself just completely destroyed emotionally. I am a big fan of John Green and have been for a while so when I heard that his book was being turned into a movie I was excited. The story of a teenager who is living with terminal cancer manages to fall in love with a great guy. Augustus "Gus" Waters is a good looking eighteen year old boy who meets Hazel Grace at support group, and he thinks she is so beautiful.

I can honestly say my emotions were a mess the whole time. I was so excited when it started and my sister and I were smiling the second the lights dimmed down. I loved how well the actors played their characters because it was how I imagined them while I was reading the book. The way Gus and Hazel first met was one of my favorite moments and it was captured perfectly in the movie. Ansel Elgort did an amazing job as Gus, and when he cried he looked like a kicked puppy and that just tore me up inside. The emotions that went into that movie was just insane and I am so glad at how it turned out.

When Gus and Hazel are in Amsterdam and they are about to leave Gus tells her that he felt a pain in his hip and when he got a PET scan it lit up like a Christmas tree. I knew the scene was coming and I could not keep it in anymore, I let some tears slide because I could not keep them back. Gus telling Hazel about the cancer coming back was so sad, and the way it was delivered was intense. Very high emotions in this movie, and I am glad that this book of all books was turned into a movie. It gives people the chance to look at their own lives, and just wonder why bad things happen, and makes you feel thankful for the people you have in your life. I could not handle this the way I thought I could especially at the pre funeral.

That part on was just intense because reading the book it was depressing then actually seeing played out on a screen for you. Issac was played by Nat Wolfe and he did a wonderful job at it, his eulogy was so sweet and I cried. When he said he didn't want to see a world with out Augustus Waters in it, and then he made more jokes about robot eyes. It was perfect just how I imagined it as I was reading the book. When Hazel got up to talk and started to talk about their love stories, and then went on to quote Peter Van Houten about infinities, and about how he was an author the use to like. After Van Houten told them to basically piss off in Amsterdam, and Hazel told him off. She called him "Douche Pants" and it was hilarious. I loved that whole scene she was so excited to go and see him and to finally get some answers, and then he is just a total jerk to her and Gus. It is something that makes me think because there are heroes I have, and who is to say that one day I meet them and they are not what I expect them to be.

When Gus died I was at this point in the movie sobbing because when that phone rang you knew, because it was so true to the book that you just knew what scenes were up. The whole thing was so intense and it got to you, like someone you knew was actually gone from this world. Gus had written to Peter Van Houten before he died and told him that he was a bad person but a good writer, and he wanted his help to write a eulogy for Hazel. It was so beautiful and it ended with "Okay" and then Hazel is laying the grass looking up at the stars and says "Okay." I was sobbing at the whole ending, and I just loved every second of it. I have nothing but love for John Green and his mind for coming up with a book this moving, and that made me feel such intense emotions. It got me right in the feels seeing Gus die, and seeing him fall in love with Hazel Grace. Her speech at his funeral however was different from the one she gave to him originally, and it was still beautiful.

I am most definitely going to see this movie again because it had such good acting, and so many great scenes that made me laugh and cry. I cannot even begin to tell you how much this movie made me think about things in my life, and how I see them now. That may seem a little much for some people but it really has because I have lost people I love so much, and seeing it happen with young people who are going through this every day just sucks. So I hope that you all read this book and go see the movie because it is a really great story. Thank you for reading.

Keep Dreaming and Scheming! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~