Skip to main content

Doctor Who "Deep Breath" After Thoughts *Spoilers*

The day finally came to watch series 8 of Doctor Who and it was amazing. The whole time I was watching this episode I was smiling, and there was a moment where tears came to my eyes, but we will get to all that.

The episode starts with a dinosaur going through London, and we see Vastra, Jenny, and Strax again which was amazing because I love them. There were quite a bit of funny moments with Vastra and Jenny, and I think they are totally adorable together. Strax was hilarious as always offering Clara water from a dirty mop bucked he was just using, and saying he was going to poor acid on the Doctor, and throwing a newspaper to Clara but hitting her in the face.

The Doctor was going through his regeneration process and he was still trying to figure everything out. I loved the way they did this because it showed how scared he truly is of things, and yet how much of a bad ass he is. I loved how out of it he was in the whole episode, but he was trying to still prove that he was the Doctor. Clara was so weird by the whole process of his regeneration and like Vastra said she needed to show him she was still the one he could depend on. It was really great seeing Clara struggle with this whole process, because it is a huge change. I think the whole thing was one of those yeah his outside change but like we've seen over the regenerations is that he is still the same man, the same memories, he is the Doctor.

You even see Clara lose a bit of something toward the Doctor when he runs and leaves her behind with all the droids. He left her alone to fend for herself, and she just could not believe what was happening right now. She managed to hold her breath and attempt to get out, but of course you can only hold it for so long. She passes out and the droids take her back to the leader who wants to know where the Doctor went, but Clara cleverly distracts him. Then one of the best scenes happens and she tells this droid that if she knows the Doctor like she thinks she does, and if he is in fact the same Doctor he will have her back. Clara sticks out her hand and then the Doctor shows up and grabs her hand, and he had disguised himself as one of the droids. That was pretty awesome and he brought this certain bit of comedy to the role. Every Doctor has the things that make them funny, and Capaldi does sarcastic quite well, so I think that will be a strong suit for him.

The Doctor has it out with the droid leader who wants to make it to the promise land. The Doctor tells him that it doesn't exist, and that neither one of them would live long enough to ever find it. They are up in this escape pod and flying through the air, and the Doctor tells him that it is not in his nature to murder someone, and the droid said it is not in his to kill himself. Well we see the droid impaled and dead a bit later, so what do you think happened? The Doctor tells him that one of them is of course lying about their basic nature, and they both know which one it is. So do you think the Doctor pushed him, or do you think he jumped? Well we don't know but the droid ends up in Heaven where this woman is there waiting and refers to the Doctor as her boyfriend, she was very crazy but it was interesting. So the droid makes it to his promise land like he had been searching for all this life.

 The end of the episode we get hit with a wave of emotion when Clara receives a call from the Doctor. Only she gets a call from the Doctor on Trenselor. She hears his voice and he tells her that the man she is with is more scared than she could ever know, and he needs her. When the Doctor comes out of the T.A.R.D.I.S and looks at her knowing full well who she is speaking too. He tells her that he is the Doctor, this is him now, and he is the same man who was on the phone. He is standing right in front of her, and he tells her to see him, just really see him, and to see past the looks, and truly just see him. Clara smiles and hugs him, and it is funny because the Doctor tells her that he isn't a hugging person anymore, and she replies that he doesn't get a vote on that. It was a cute scene to end the episode and they walk off to get some coffee together.

I really enjoyed this episode, and I think I am really going to like Peter's Doctor a lot. I was nervous at first but he just made me fall in love with him all over again in this role. When he was talking to this homeless man in the alley and was saying that he had seen this face before, and why did he regenerate to this face? I also loved the part where Clara and the Doctor were being held by the droids and try to get the sonic screwdriver into the Doctor's hands and he says "It's times like this I miss Amy." I laughed so hard at that part, and I just liked the little banter between the two. I can't wait for the next episode, and to see where this season takes us.

Thank you so much fro reading everyone!

Keep Dreaming and Scheming! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~