Skip to main content

What Did I Just Watch? True Blood *Spoilers*

Now before I start talking about my real feelings about the series finale let me warn you this post contains spoilers. So turn back now if you do not want to know what happened in the very last episode of True Blood. 

 Okay I just want to say that I love this show, and I did from the moment I saw Bill Compton and Sookie Stackhouse together. However this last episode was just one of those moments where I was just saying "what? Why?" at the end. It was good but they could have ended it so many other ways, and I know I am not the writer or anything to the show, but as a fan I know I am not alone.

There was a good emotional moment where Bill got to walk his "daughter" down the isle. Unlike when he was human he got the chance to walk Jessica down the isle and that was great, because I always like their relationship. Jessica ended up being one of my favorite characters. Along with people I liked sticking around Pam and Eric were back at Fangtasia in the end which suits them. Eric back in his chair, charging vamps to drink from Sarah Newlin for $100,000 and that is some craziness. Of course we see what happens to everyone in a time jump, Sam and Nicole with their kids, Jason and Brigette, Hoyt and Jessica, Andy and Holly, Arlene and Keith, Adilyn and Wade, and then we have Lafayette and James. We also see that Sookie is pregnant with some guys child. 

The whole series I was always rooting for Sookie and Bill, and I always held out hope that they would be together in the end. Bill always wanted one thing for Sookie, and that was to live a normal human life. Well in the end he got his wish. Bill and Sookie were this huge romance from the beginning even when she was with Eric and Alcide, but the whole time it was always Bill. In the finale Bill wants Sookie to have a normal life but in order for that reality he has to die, and she is the one to kill him. He asks her to use her fairy ball of light to kill him at his grave, but she cannot go through with that. Seeing him actually ask her to kill him was insanely messed up to the heart, but again I don't think it could go any other way. Bill was trying to protect her because with him she would have no children, and she would always be in danger. He is laying there clutching a picture from when he was human of his family, and he is ready to die. Sookie jumps into that grave, straddles Bill and steaks him! I was just yelling "WHAT?!" at this point because for one I did not expect Bill to die, let alone like that by Sookie. In a way it is fitting that dies, and that she was the one to kill him. When you die you want to be with someone you love, and Bill did love Sookie so much but he loved her enough to want her to have what she couldn't with him, a normal safe life with someone human. It was sweet in a way when you think about it, but still I was pissed by it.

I mean they ended this the way they saw fit, but really? Bill dies? After all this story they had over the years with him and Sookie, and this is how it ends. I mean I like it and I don't all at the same time, and to me it was just not one of the best finales I have seen. It was a bit of a let down I guess to see all those years of watching this sexy romance on screen end like this. I have so many mixed feelings about this, I loved it yet I hated it. I don't know what I feel about it, but I cannot believe this show is over and Bill and Sookie ended the way they did. I want to hear what you all think about it, so let me know in the comments or on Twitter: @GeekOut_93. Thank you for reading.

Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~