Skip to main content

My Top 5 Shows of 2014

This has been a really hard task to complete because I hate picking only five shows that I loved so much this year. However I have to make the tough choices and pick. So let's get started and then I will get to work on my Top 10 Episodes post. End of the year recaps have always been something I loved to write and read.

5. Hannibal- This show has made me fall in love, and sometimes sympathize with a cannibal. Any show that can do that is a hit in my book. The writing is amazing, and the acting is spot on. Sure I may not like Freddy and when she "died" I was so happy, but then that was a lie so I was a little sad again, but overall I had no complaints. Will and Hannibal's relationship is so complicated and I think that it is only just started. Sure the way the season ended we would think that Will would full on hate Hannibal, but I don't know how true that is. We saw Will kind of go along with Hannibal this year and maybe he liked it a little more than he wants to admit? Who knows, but I do know that I am excited for season 3 in 2015.

4. The Blacklist- I don't know how people expected me NOT to fall in love with James Spader after watching this. Sure he's been around for a while, but after seeing him as Raymond Reddington I just fell hard. He is such a smart criminal and he is always ten steps ahead of Agent Keen. Sure the complicated story lines, and exciting dialogue drew me in but the chemistry that Megan Boone and James Spader is what locked me in. They work so well off each other, and their talks together make me laugh and cry all at the same time. I am super happy about the new episode coming on February 1, 2015 which just so happens to be my birthday. The season can only get better, and yeah I hate the secrets most of the time but these secrets make the show so much better.

3. The Walking Dead- This season has really stepped it up with the crazy and intense scenes. Terminus was insanely awesome and I really liked the amount of disturbingness that was brought to my eyes. Bob being eaten was one of those moments and I couldn't help but cringe at that because he was just watching Gareth eat his leg. Only they didn't know that Bob was tainted meat, and that freaked them out. Carol was even more badass in this season because not only did she blow up Terminus and pretty much saved everyone. I still do not know how to feel about the death at the end of the season, but it was so well done.

2. Doctor Who- 2014 brought us a new Doctor and it was sad to see Matt go, but once I saw Capaldi totally just own his role as the Doctor I was happy. Peter Capaldi is an incredible actor and he puts a nice spin on the Doctor. He has that kind of humor that is dark humor, and stand off attitude that I just find interesting to watch. I really liked the dynamic between Clara ant Twelve because it such an opposite than what she was use to. He cared for her of course, but he didn't always show it in any particular nice way.  Aside from that they brought the Master back, and as a woman no less. I love the Master and Doctor's battle with each other, and it being a woman just makes it a little funnier. There was great casting decisions, and I cannot wait for more Doctor Who in 2015.

1.Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D- This show has to go up as my number one because when I got hooked I got hooked hard. I love this show so much, and of course Agent Phil Coulson won me over. Ever since I first saw him in Iron Man I knew that he would just be an awesome character, and I hoped that wouldn't be the last we saw of him. I am so glad it wasn't and this show is so much better than some people give it credit for. This show has me yelling at the screen at the end of every episode for one reason or another. It is in its second season and had the mid-season finale not so long ago, and that left me begging for more. So much is going on with Skye and her new found identity now that her father told her that her real name is Daisy. I am so excited for this and as crazy as her dad is I want to see more of him in the future.

There we have it my top five shows of 2014. I hope you enjoyed it and hope you enjoyed 2014, and have a great 2015 ahead of you. Thank you for reading.

~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~