Skip to main content

My Thoughts on the 2013 Emmy's

So here are my thoughts on the Emmy's tonight, overall they were good. There were some moments where it was a little bit eh, but for the most part I enjoyed it. The middle of the episode musical number was one of the highlights of the show. Nathan Fillion and Sarah Silverman came in to join Neil in the dance number. Sarah got to say vagina on television, and we got to see a cool dance number.

The winners of the night all gave very good speeches, and I was impressed with every category. There was another dance number where choreographers had dances set up for different shows. Some of the shows featured in the number were Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, American Horror Story: Asylum, Big Bang Theory, and more. It was a great number, and Derek Hough won an Emmy which was an award I was glad to see awarded. Those of you who do not know who Derek is he is a professional dancer on Dancing With the Stars, and his sister is Julianne Hough.

There were also wonderful speeches said about some of the wonderful lives we lost in Hollywood this year. It was a very touching, and tearful in Memorium montage that was done as well. Now for the winners of the night.

Comedy Series

"Modern Family" (ABC) 

Drama Series 

"Breaking Bad" (AMC)

Mini Series or TV Movie

"Behind the Candelabra" (HBO)

Variety Series

"The Colbert Report" (Comedy Central)

Reality Competition 

"The Voice" (NBC)

Reality Program 

"Undercover Boss" (CBS)

Actor in a Comedy Series

Jim Parsons "The Big Bang Theory" (CBS)

Actress in a Comedy Series

Julia Louis-Dreyfus "Veep" (HBO)

Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

Tony Hale "Veep" (HBO)

Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

Merritt Weaver "Nurse Jackie (Showtime) -her speech was great. Very short and sweet.

Actor in a Drama Series

Jeff Daniels "The Newsroom" (HBO)

Actress in a Drama Series

Claire Danes "Homeland" (Showtime)

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Bobby Cannavale "Boardwalk Empire" (HBO)

Supporting Actress in a Drama Series 

Anna Gunn "Breaking Bad" (AMC)

Actor in a Mini Series or TV Movie

Michael Douglas "Behind the Candelabra" (HBO)

Actress in a Mini Series or TV Movie

Laura Linney "The Big C: Hereafter" (Showtime)

Supporting Actor in a Mini Series or TV Movie

James Cromwell "American Horror Story: Asylum" (FX)

Supporting Actress in a Mini Series or TV Movie

Ellen Burstyn "Political Animals" (USA)

Reality Host

Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum "Project Runway" (Lifetime)

Directing in a Comedy Series

Gail Mancuso "Modern Family" "Arrested" (ABC)

Directing in a Drama Series

David Fincher "House of Cards" (Netflix)

Directing in a Mini Series or TV Movie

Steven Soderbergh "Behind the Candelabra" (HBO)

Directing in a Variety Series

Don Roy King "Saturday Night Live" (NBC)

Writing in a Comedy Series

Tina Fey and Tracey Wigfield "30 Rock" "Last Lunch" (NBC)

Writing in a Drama Series

Henry Bromell "Homeland" "Q&A" (Showtime)

Writing in a Mini Series or TV Movie

"The Colbert Report" (Comedy Central) Head Writer: Opus Moreschi; Writers: Stephen Colbert, Tom Purcell, Rich Dahm, Barry Julien, Michael Brumm, Rob Dubbin, Jay Katsir, Frank Lesser, Glenn Eichler, Meredith Scardino, Max Werner, Eric Drysdale, Dan Guterman, Paul Dinello, Nate Charny and Bobby Mort

Choreography 

Derek Hough "Dancing With the Stars"

That concludes this years Emmy winners. It was a good year in television, and as much as I wish Once Upon A Time was up there nominated I will just wait, and wait until it is. Thank you for reading. 

Keep dreaming and scheming! Till Next Time! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~