Skip to main content

"Glee" Farewell To Finn

This is still hard to believe, and my prayers go out to the friends and family of Cory Monteith. He was a great guy, and everybody seemed to love him so much. He was loved by his fans, and I cannot even imagine what it was like for the cast to film these scenes. What made the episode more touching was that you could tell all the scenes were real, and from the heart. All the farewells to Finn, and all the raw emotion was what the cast were actually feeling for Cory. The song list was absolutely perfect for this episode, and everything was just perfect.

In the beginning Kurt says that it doesn't really matter how he died, what matters is how he lived. I think that was a great thing to put in this episode because a lot of people have been judging his whole life by how he died. The message was completely true, yes he was human and made mistakes but that doesn't mean was not a good person. The scene with his mother packing up his room was so heart breaking, and to see Kurt in his jacket talking about Finn was such a good moment.

Puck reacted like any best friend would, and he felt truly alone now that Finn was gone. He didn't know what was going to become of him without Finn there to guide him the right way. Coach Beast talked it out with him, and said that he had to take control of his life now, and be a man. He sang "No Surrender" and it was a heartfelt farewell to Finn. Puck carved Quarterback in the tree that was dedicated to a memorial for Finn. Then Puck left to join the Air Force.

I thought the whole episode was good, especially considering how difficult the scenes were to get through. Most of the shots were only done once because it was just to hard for the cast to do more. Finn's jacket goes missing, and Santana points the blame at Puck. Most everyone does, and Santana offers a reward for it. Rachel shows up toward the end of the episode and sings "Make You Feel My Love" and she did a wonderful job. She tells Will that she had this dream of making it big on Broadway, and then coming back to Finn. She said that she imagined walking in through those doors seeing him teaching, and just looking at him and saying "I'm home." That line had me in tears because she loved him so much, and you could see the real pain in her eyes. The whole cast just did amazing in this episode. I really also liked how it was mainly just the original cast involved, even though the newer members cared for him it was special for the original cast to take over. It was an emotional ride tonight, and it all came down to the last scene with Will. He had been trying so hard to be there for everyone else that he was not grieving himself. He was the one who took Finn's jacket, and when he got home that night he sat there and just held it. He then cried his hardest while holding the jacket in his hands tightly. It was just a very well done episode all around, and I will miss Cory Monteith so much, and I loved that everyone got to say goodbye with this episode for him. Thank you all for reading.

Keep Dreaming and Scheming! Life is Short! Till Next Time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~