Skip to main content

Remember "Ugly Betty"


It is Sunday and I am sticking to putting up a piece of writing dedicated to a show that is no longer on the air. This week we got the show "Ugly Betty" who here remembers that show? A show about a young Hispanic woman working at a popular fashion magazine, and is the assistant for the attractive boss who is a bit of a playboy. Mead Publications is a place where a lot of drama tended to happen, and I think part of the message was that beauty is on the inside. It had to be because they made America Ferrera look like an average Hispanic girl having image issues, and she got together with some great looking men. Christopher Gorham played her love interest Henry for a while, and a shout out he was from my hometown of Fresno, California. The nurse at my junior high was actually his mother, just some little trivia for you. I thought this was a really good show at the start, but as the series went on it just seemed a little much. I have nothing but respect for this cast but sometimes I just got irritated with Daniel. He would meet the love of hi life, and when something went wrong he spiraled out of control and became a jerk again. Now granted it was a good story line the first time it showed up, but after that it was kind of irritating.

This show still has a high place in my TV loving heart, because at times I felt like Betty felt about going after her dreams. Always being afraid and upset that you're not good enough, or pretty enough. This show touched a bit on gay teens because Betty's nephew was gay, and became friends with Betty's I guess you can say friend Mark. Mark and Amanda were the two that tortured Betty the most, Amanda because she wanted her job to be closer to Daniel, and Mark because Wilhelmina his boss told him to take her down. There was lots of hate from Wilhelmina because she wanted Daniels job, and the company. She was about to marry Daniel's father, but he died the day of the wedding. Wilhelmina tried to have a child, but the surrogate she used got pregnant with her own child instead and moved away with her husband. The surrogate was also Betty's best friend, so that but Betty in the middle of all that drama. Daniels brother whom they all thought was dead came back but as a woman. It was one crazy roller coaster of a show, but that is what made people tune in.

When the show ended there had been lots of teasing about Daniel falling in love Betty, and even before fans were saying that they would make a good couple. A lot of fans (me included) kind of knew that by the time the show ended for good something would happen between these two. Well Betty got a great job offer in London and she took it, and left Daniel back in New York. He followed her there and said that there was a job opening as an assistant so he was there for an interview. He asked her to have lunch, and they walked off together. It was sort of one of those unspoken they are so into each other moments, but it was a good one. I thought that it was a good way to end the show, and I really liked Daniel I admit I had quite the crush on him.

There you go readers have a happy Sunday, and tune in tonight for "Once Upon A Time" and thanks as always for reading.

Keep Dreaming and Scheming! Till Next Time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~