Skip to main content

Anyone Remember "Firefly"?

Science fiction is one of this worlds greatest treasures that some people don't really care for these days. There is always the rival between Sci-fi and reality TV, just like anything else up against reality shows. Firefly is one of those shows that till this day has a very huge, and dedicated fan base. This show staring Nathan Fillion was created by Joss Whedon, and it was a fantastic show. The browncoats fought for what they believed in, and this group upon the ship Serenity made their money dealing with whomever needed them.

Of the group there was Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Zoe Washburne, Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Inara Serra, Jayne Cobb, Kaylee Frye, Dr. Simon Tam, River Tam, and Shepherd Book. An unlikely group of people who become some what of a family no matter the disputes they have. Simon and River are on the run from The Alliance which is the government because they were doing testing on River and it really messed her up. Mal lets them aboard the ship, and they become part of the team and that means they need to help do the jobs. Inara is a companion which is basically a prostitute, but she likes traveling with this group. She does her business but travels along with her friends, and just takes her shuttle out when she has a job to do some where else. Mal and Inara were the couple that everyone wanted to see together, and in the end you sort of did in a way but we still wanted more.

This series was only one season and then had the movie "Serenity" come out, but even with just that, this show has a large following that seems to keep growing. The show just recently celebrated its 10 year anniversary, and it made me stop and think "wow this show is still a huge part of my life, and it was only one short season, and an epic movie." The fact that it was so well written and fans fell in love with the characters made this show what it was. Joss is known by his fans for killing off beloved characters, and as a Joss Whedon fan I can back up that statement completely. In the movie "Serenity" Wash is killed, and it was one of the saddest things I had ever seen. Wash was a funny and quirky character that just made you smile, and he was played by Alan Tudyk who is a great actor. Wash was married to Zoe, and they were sort of that couple that when you saw them, you wondered how they even ended up together. They were so cute though that it didn't matter, and when he died it was just so horrible. So thank you Joss Whedon for ripping my heart out, but please never stop making such great movies, and television.

"Firefly" is an amazing show that was short lived, and it deserved to be on longer, but the way it went out was great. This show is still very much alive with its fans, and those fans pass it on to their friends, and that is how the fan base grows each day. I hope that if any of my readers have not see the show that they will check it out, because it is one amazing show. Thank you as always for reading, and have a great Sunday.

Keep Dreaming and Scheming! Till Next Time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~