Skip to main content

The Day of the Doctor More After Thoughts

This episode came and went so darn fast, and I can hardly believe that it was over so fast. I thought this was such a well done episode and it had the true essence of what Doctor Who is. When this show started it wasn't thought of to be a huge success, but here it is 50 years later more popular than ever. John Hurt did an amazing job playing the role of the Doctor who had such a troubled past. This took place before the day the Doctor blew up Gallifrey during the Time War, and this whole episode was reflecting all of that. The Bad Wolf returns for those that remember that story line with Rose, and she appears to John Hurt's Doctor to show him the future that he needs to happen. It was a very wibbley Wobblely Timey Wimey how they had all three Doctor's interact with each other, but it worked in a way that was beyond perfect. Zygons are back for this episode, and they are as creepy as ever with their red rubbery skin, and suckers. I thought that the way they incorperated Rose was just perfect and even though she had no direct contact with Daivd's Doctor she was Bad Wolf, and she was there to help alter the Doctor's history.

The chemistry between David, Matt, and John was just amazing, they played so well off each other. I thought it was hilarious when Matt and David's Doctor first encountered each other, and when they both put on their glasses, that was such a cute scene. I also loved when Matt was introducing the other two Doctor's as Sand Shoes and Granddad. They Zygons were back as I mentioned and they were trying to get to a vortex manipulator that was in the Tower of London, but Clara got to it before them. Queen Elizabeth the first got the message to her dear husband of what was going on. That is right she and the Doctor were married, and it was David's Doctor who was the King by her side. The Zygons had been hiding in these paintings for years just waiting to take over the world at just the right moment, and when that time came they did not hesitate. The Doctors were just too smart for them, and managed to settle that with them. John Hurt goes back to destroy Gallifrey, but his future selves come not to stop him but help him. Throughout this whole episode you really see just how much they hate the man that he was, and that at this point in time The Doctor doesn't even really know what kind of man he is anymore. He has been running from that one particular day his whole life, and we always knew that, but to see it explained was just amazing. Rose playing Bad Wolf and when John Hurt says that she showed him the future he needed to see, and that he could just kiss the bad wolf girl, and the look on Ten's face when that is said just brought up so many feels. Another scene was when Ten was leaning up against a wall and you could see Rose right next to him, it was just really nice to see those two together, even if they weren't really together.

Traveling through time and space to save everyone in the world, and The Doctor in this episode I think kind of saved himself. The guilt of killing all those people to save the entire universe has been weighing on him for years and years, so when they went back and froze Gallifrey it just seemed like he was saving himself too. The Doctors come up with the plan to freeze Gallifrey at a fixed point in time that way nobody had to die, and the Daleks would destroy each other. The way they filmed this scene was really amazing because it showed flashes of all the Doctors, and saying that they had been coming up with this plan for centuries. At first the Time Lords in the war room didn't want to do it, but then when the Daleks started to up their fire power they agreed quickly. All 13 Doctors were mentioned I might add, and they showed Peter Capaldi's eyes in the shot, and it was a great two seconds. I for one cannot wait to see him as the Doctor, but for now this was an amazing anniversary special. There was just so much more in the episode, and I wish I could comb through piece by piece and just discuss it with all of you. The Doctor tells Ten's Doctor about what he is headed to in their future, and that is of course Tensulor which is the death place of the Doctor. We all know that saying "The fall of the Eleventh. Silence will fall." It is going to be a very intense Christmas, but when Ten's Doctor was told he said the line "I don't want to go" and I about lost it. They had so many great points of Doctor Who history in this episode, including the amazing Tom Baker. Yes the fourth Doctor was in the end of the episode as the curator, and told The Doctor that the painting was acquired by him and that the correct full title was Gallifrey Falls No More. Many, including the Doctors thought that it was called Galiifrey Falls or No More, but in fact it was proof that their plan worked, and Gallifrey was still out there. So naturally The Doctor wants to go looking for it, but who knows what is going to happen with all of this. Remember to tune into Doctor Who:Revisited Matt Smith today, and the Matt Smith fan favorite episodes marathon. Thank you for reading.

Keep Dreaming and Scheming! Till Next Time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Josh Dallas' Butt? New Vlog!

Hello all I made a new Vlog and I hope you enjoy it. I talked briefly about Josh Dallas' Butt because well why wouldn't you? I hope you subscribe to my main channel and my vlogging channel to see more of what I have to say on video. I love you all and hope that you check my videos out, and thank you so much for reading. JOSH DALLAS' BUTT?? (7-20-14) Keep Dreaming and Scheming!

Ship of the Day! Janto!

It is time to do a ship of the day and for those of you who don't know what that is, it's when I pick a random ship from a series and talk about them. So today it is going to be Janto, which is Jack and Ianto from Torchwood.  Torchwood is one of my favorite series, and I am still hoping it comes back one day. The relationship between Jack and Ianto was one that I fell in love with because they were so cute together. Jack was the big strong man who would always disappear and had so many secrets. Ianto was the cute coffee boy who didn't really admit his feelings for Jack, but when he did it was adorable. In season 2 Jack asks Ianto out on their first date, and it is so cute seeing that interaction. I was saying "Aw" so loud when I watched that episode, I still do it when I watch it now. There is just something about their relationship that I was just drawn to. Ianto Jones was in his own way a badass, but when season 3 came around that was his end. That scene

Where Have I Been??

Hello readers. I have taken about a year away from writing on this blog and it has been a very interesting experience. I have gotten a new job which has consumed quite a bit of time, and I have started a new relationship which takes up the other half of my time. I do miss writing though about different shows and I cannot wait to get back into this. I am going to make this a part of my routine and try to get at least a few posts out a week.  I am super excited to talk the final season of Scandal and of course Grey's Anatomy. There are also some cool shows on Netflix that I have been waiting to discuss, and cannot wait. I hope that people will read the new stuff I am writing and enjoy it just as before.  Thank you all and remember...  ~Keep Dreaming and Scheming~